How To Grow An Endless Supply Of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You A Lifetime)
Nature gives you lemons, use them well! Plant some seeds and grow even more! You will learn how to grow a lemon tree quite easily. The lemon trees are flourishing outdoors during the whole year in hot, sunny environments, but they can also be grown inside your house if you live in cold-season region.
It’s time to get started!
You should get the following in order to grow your own lemon tree:
- You must find some organic lemons because the non-organic lemons have non-germinating seeds
- Find some fertile potting soil which includes peat, vermiculite, perlite and natural fertilizers
- Planting pot six inches wide and six inches deep (this one is used for sprouting)
- Seeding pot 24 inches wide and 12 inches deep
- A sunny place in your house and grow light
Implement the following steps and you will grow your lemon tree:
- Water the potting soil in order to make it damp, not soaked
- Put some soil in the small pot
- Take the lemon seeds and clean the pulp from their surface. You can suck the pulp
- Plant the seeds immediately. Make sure that the seed is moist when you place it in the soil. The seeds should be half an inch deep into the soil in the middle of the pot
- Use some spraying bottle and spray the soil above the seed.
- Put some plastic wrap over the pot and seal the edges with a rubber band. Make small holes on the top
- Now you should find some warm and sunny area for your pot
- Don’t allow the soil to dry out. Spray on more water occasionally. You should keep the soil moist, don’t overwater it
- Within two weeks, the first sprouting should emerge and you should remove the plastic cover. Use a grow light if needed.
- Keep the soil damp and keep in mind that the plant needs minimum of 8 hours of light per day. Add moderate amounts of fertilizer.
- Keep the bugs and diseases away from the plant. Remove the brown and dead leaves when needed. If it is necessary, you can use pesticides. Everything for the protection of your new lemon tree.
- Once the plant becomes bigger than the pot, you should switch the pots. The procedure is pretty much the same. If the plant is young, it will need more water. Make sure your plant doesn’t lack of water.
How to Successfully Grow a Lemon Tree From Seed
Implement these steps and you will have nice grown lemon tree in your home or backyard.
I know it is easier to buy lemon trees at the store, but the planting and growing experience cannot be bought, right?
You will be proud when enjoying your own lemons. The tree will also be a great decor for your house or backyard.