Trying to save energy and money, people often decide to replace old standard light bulbs with energy saving light bulbs. However, it turns out that the new generation of energy saving light bulbs is toxic and the U.S Environmental Protection Agency has designed an emergency protocol people need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage due to the fact that these bulbs release poison gas when broken.

As a matter of fact, according to a study  conducted by researchers from the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German’s Federal Environment Agency, when broken indoors, these light bulbs release 20 times the maximum allowed mercury concentration into the air.

Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:

  • Fatigue
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Anxiety
  • Dizziness
  • Cluster headaches
  • Migraines
  • Seizures

Reasons to Go Back To Incandescent Bulbs

  1. Energy Saving Light Bulbs Emit a lot of UV Rays

Energy saving light bulbs emit UV-B as well as traces of UV-C radiation. This radiation attacks the immune system and it damages the skin tissues, enough to prevent the proper formation of vitamin D-3. Moreover, it is a well-known fact that UV-radiation is detrimental to the skin and the eyes and that it can even lead to skin cancer.

  1. Energy Saving Bulbs Contain Mercury

Mercury is strong neurotoxin which is especially dangerous to pregnant women and children. It is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the kidneys and the liver. In addition to this, it can also negatively affect the reproductive system, immune system, and the cardiovascular system.  This neurotoxin is linked to anxiety, insomnia, headaches, memory loss, tremors, Alzheimer`s disease, and cancer.

  1. Energy Saving Bulbs can Cause Cancer

According to a new study done by Peter Braun at Berlin Germany`s Alab Laboratory, these light bulbs contain cancer-causing chemicals. Among them are:

  • Styrene, an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon which is obtained as petroleum
  • Phenol, an acidic toxic crystalline solid which is obtained from coal tar and used in chemical processes
  • Naphthalene, a volatile crystalline compound which is used in mothballs and as raw material for chemical manufacturing. It is produced by distillation of coal tar and is characterized by strong smell

To sum up, these bulbs are extremely toxic and are household hazardous waste. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA) mandates the phase-out of incandescent light bulbs, and favors energy-efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.

In case of bulb breakage indoors, open all doors and windows and evacuate the house for at least 15 minutes in order to diminish your exposure to the poisonous gas.

 

 

Source : mycentralhealth.com

 


https://i1.wp.com/tips4healthylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/These-Light-Bulbs-Cause-Anxiety-Migraines-And-Even-Cancer.-If-You-Have-Them-Do-THIS-Immediately-.png?fit=600%2C320https://i1.wp.com/tips4healthylifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/These-Light-Bulbs-Cause-Anxiety-Migraines-And-Even-Cancer.-If-You-Have-Them-Do-THIS-Immediately-.png?resize=150%2C150Tips4HealthyLifestyleHealth
Trying to save energy and money, people often decide to replace old standard light bulbs with energy saving light bulbs. However, it turns out that the new generation of energy saving light bulbs is toxic and the U.S Environmental Protection Agency has designed an emergency protocol people need to...